Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh yea, now I remember

Now I remember why I don't join groups or engage in "official" knitting things.

I finally got a picture of Kilkenny finished.



I went to edit my FO April post in the group 10 shawls in 2010 and I found this on my post.

**ETA BY PILLEN: This shawl does not count due to no finished picture...**

When I signed up I don't think I realized it was a follow the rule sort of thing. I thought it was a "hey let's do this" sort of thing. I understand why Pillen had to edit my post. She needed to make it clear to all of the contestants (which I didn't really know I was) that as I had not followed the rules by posting a picture of the finished object, I would not qualify for any of the prizes randomly drawn in April. Seriously, I understand how people are when it comes to prizes and I'd be CYAing if I were in the same position.

Still and all, it does not do a body good to complete a 1540 yard shawl and read on a post "does not count." The situation was remedied by posting it in the May FO thread - so I guess now it counts.

Lesson learned- read the fine print- make sure it's not a contest-knit for fun.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my book? It counts double. So there.

Mountain Mama said...

booo pillen, boo!

Yarnhog said...

That sucks. It's a lovely shawl, too. I think you deserve a prize!

Ruth said...

Yeah... I don't join much either. I also mostly don't start "joining" sort of things... because I know people expect rules and timelines and I'd feel sheepish breaking my own.

I say your shawl totally counts!

Cindy said...

Um. Er. Reading directions? I'm not so good at it either. Still, it is exquisite!!!!!!

Carol said...

So there really IS a 'Knitting Police'? Huh. I've always made jokes about how the 'knitting police' won't come if I don't do this or that knitting thing...I should mend my ways..

Haley said...

that is one heck of a shawl. wow! glad it now "counts."

Jenn said...

I don't join things, either...I don't need pressure from the Joiner Police. And I think your shawl is lovely and I'm glad it "counts."