Saturday, May 22, 2010

checking in again

The evil Strep has struck again. It's on the downside but man do I hate strep.

There's little to report but I love blogland and want to stay connected.

There are 10 teaching days left. I like it when I can count it on 2 hands.

I voted last week. Apparently in Pennsylvania campaigners must only stay 10 feet away from the door. I like West Virginia where it's more like 50 yards. It was all I could do not to say Leave Me T F alone! Mr. Sophanne's much more cheerful about it. If someone asks him to vote for their candidate he says, "I don't like him." (whether he does or not.)

Last night began MaggieMay's softball season. Her younger sister is playing as well and I sat with G-mal (grandma as they call her) and we went out to eat afterwards. Nothing like surrogate children that you can do for but aren't responsible for. Makes me happy.

So there's a child management technique that I observed last week when the family was here. The Mama, in a wise attempt to give choices rather than an opportunity for kids to say "I don't want to," phrases her requests like so- "Do you want to put on your pajamas or brush your teeth first?" It works pretty well but I imagine those kidlets will eventually get wise to it. Or else it will come back to haunt mama in her later years- "Do you want to go the the rest home or would you like Dr. Kevorkian to visit?"

Tomorrow is my singing debut at the Wadestown Baptist Church. As 4th and 5th grade classes came to my room this week I asked them to be the practice audience. I knew I was good when I could give the hairy eyeball to misbehaving kids and still keep singing. That's how I determine whether I know the song well enough or not. Too bad they weren't around in college. I would have aced every jury!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rest home vs. Dr. Kevorkian choice? ::snort::

Cindy said...

Get well now! And, stay that way!! I choose Dr. "K". And, you'll knock 'em dead tomorrow. I'm hoping the Baptists are as open minded as the Presbyterians (at least in my church).