Wednesday, May 12, 2010

oh and did I mention...

I agreed to stupid SING that Forever Young song at a church dinner for seniors graduating from high school. Granted they are kids I've known since kindergarten but I'm used to them singing with me.

It's that librarian that wrangles me into these things. I agreed to do it because I wrangle her into a fair share of disorganization which I am certain often unnerves her.

I am no American Idol. I figure it's a good thing to do and if it's really really awful they won't have to ask me to do it again.

Here are a couple of pictures that didn't make it to the last post.




Mr. Sophanne is heading to the airport to get son daughter-in-law and grandchildren (2 sweet girls) of Sophanne. The sheets are clean, the beds are made, dinner is pre- prepared for tomorrow, there is plenty of sliced fruit and apple juice in the fridge and Ben and Jerry's for the grown ups in the freezer...and still I walk around feeling incompetent. Go figure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very brave to sing in public! You can check off something scary for that day,

Sunshine said...

You are not incompetent at all!! Far from it!

Cindy said...

You know they'll ask again. We are only incompetent to ourselves. Ask anyone you know and they won't see you that way at all. Ben & Jerry's is fine for the least amount of stress. Is there wine for dinner???

Mary Kathryn said...

You go! If "Old Joe Clark" can be done in 4-part harmony in front of the toughest peers/students ever, "Forever Young" will be a breeze.

Deborah-- said...

Those are two adorable little babies! I'm sure you'll be just fine with the singing. Imagine everyone in their underwear.

Anonymous said...

The Rod Stewart one? heh. I'm sure it was lovely. But heh.