Monday, May 24, 2010

Forever Done.

I sang. They clapped. Mamas sniffled but I'm pretty sure it was thanks to Bob Dylan's fabulous poetry and had little to do with my singing. What a relief. And it felt really good to do.

Nine, my friends, nine.

And while I know that I will try to catch up on knitting 10 shawls, it occurs to me that my summer schedule of events (excluding family visits) is pretty short. Maybe I'll spin. Maybe I'll paint the bedroom. I plan on extending the gym visits and moving on beyond cardio. I know I'll spend time with that fabulous dog. I'll visit Aunt of Sophanne and will definitely spend time with the new babybabies (that's what I like to call my friend's twins)

Sometimes it feels like cheating if I read,knit, and nap all day. Especially when Mr. Sophanne comes home and asks "what did you do today?"

Maybe if I actually prepare dinner every few days he will be fooled into thinking that I am a productive human being. But I don't remember "productive" being on the list of marriage vows. If that were the case I'm pretty sure I would have included "not being jealous of my teacher vacation" as a part of them.

So my bloggy friends- what would you do?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on the singing. It was a slam dunk and you know it. As for summer? I'm jealous, but will try to deal with it.

Anonymous said...

I would read, nap and knit. Do it for all of us!!

Anne Campbell said...

What a great agenda! I do recommend adding some strength exercises at the gym. I just got a bone density test that was so good I was told I could cut out one of my medications. I credit my strength exercises with that.

Yarnhog said...

Oh, read, nap, knit! And the gym is good, so you don't just turn into a pile of happy goo. I second the strength exercises. Muscle burns a lot more calories than fat, even if you're just sitting around.

Haley said...

knit, knit and knit some more. that would be my dream day. of course, i'd feel guilty about the house being a mess and eating grilled cheese for dinner (again). But before the guilt set in, i'd be SO happy.

As to productive, knitting is productive in that you are producing a knitted something or other. love it!

Anonymous said...

I think your agenda sounds perfect.