Sunday, May 16, 2010

House of Sophanne- better than an amusement park

Little Liza Jane was SOOOOO very happy to have kids to play with. Hazel liked her because she was a "girl" dog. She also declared the house that our house was mine and not Grandfather's because I was the girl.



Next on the agenda was to paint the bird houses which are now hanging in the backyard. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone wrong if I had purchased a bird house for everyone. Several rocks are now painted and in place.



Taking a break from painting adults and kids alike took turns with the hula hoop. There's really no need to see the adult pictures of this. Really.



Grandfather took them to a train where they got to blow the whistle and wear the gloves. And unlike amusement parks, there was no waiting in line.



The Waynesburg Sheep and Fiber festival took place on Saturday. They were attending a graduation and missed out on the 5 or 6 booths the organizers managed to round up but I scored some nice souvenirs. The yarn is handspun by a woman who I purchase yarn from each year. At first I bought 750 yards. Then I wound it, tried it out and went back for another 750. The picture doesn't capture it's depth of color but it reminds me of tigers eye gem stones and will (so far) be a giant and simple Praire Shawl from Folk Knits.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Adorable girls. And cups.

Carol said...

it's so cool to try out yarn, find out you adore it and then being able to score MORE of it!

Yarnhog said...

Dogs and kids go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Two years ago I got the hula hooping station at the elementary school's field day. After three hours of teaching kids to hula hoop, I could really feel my abs. The next morning, I couldn't sit up in bed! It's a great workout. :)

Haley said...

wow. that yarn look so friendly. i just wanted to curl up with your picture. is it as nice to knit with as it is to look at?

Marie said...

The festival looked smaller than past years. I was going to go but it didn't look worth it, we went to the Pike fest and Fort Necessisity (sp) instead.