Friday, September 28, 2007

When you can't say anything nice...

Full moon, change in the seasons? Every time I start to think of a post all the weird, petty, and annoying crap of the week floats just above the keyboard and I quickly stop typing. I say to myself, "hey self, blogland is where your life is perfect-it's a no-bitch zone." So- there's not so many clever anecdotes to report.

Except we had a little time for jokes in third grade today.

Joke Teller: What's your name?

Unsuspecting teacher: Mrs. Sophanne

JT: What color is the sky?

UT: Blue

JT: (pointing up with index finger) Which way am I pointing?

UT: Up

JT: You just said "Mrs. Sophanne blew up."

Insert hysterical 3rd grade laughing.

I need to knit. Personal goal- let's start the sleeve on that CPH.... Must finish Left front first....oh wait one more joke.

Sophanne: Knock Knock

Unsuspecting Blog Reader: Who's There?

S: sick husband

UBR: Sick husband who?

S: There's nothing funny about a husband with a head cold.

10 comments:

Carol said...

when we were kids, I would get my sister with the following,"say "I one the sandbox." Which she would do. Followed by I two the sand box etc. Then she would get to "I 8 the sandbox" and I would laugh hysterically. She would get mad...

Anonymous said...

Excellent attitude!! I often feel guilty when I don't leave comments because I'm in a grumpitude and have nothing nice to say.

Bummer about your sick husband.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You should have done the hand gestures for 'u drive me crazy' to that Joketeller!!

Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

I don't know. My blog is a continual bitchfest along with pretty pictures, funny anecdotes, and real life - and people seem to enjoy it. I think its because it is real life and I don't sugarcoat it. After all, our everyday lives aren't all happiness and sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so add me in with the 3rd graders. That made me giggle, too.

Lydee said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! I laughed hysterically! I'm with you on the full moon and grumpy, thus no posting for me.

Yarnhog said...

Hey, my second grader pulled that joke on me just a couple of days ago! He must be advanced. I'm so proud.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my husband knows that when he has a head cold he must go sleep in some other room if he wants to survive until morning. You might want to try that technique.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

So it's the Full Moon's fault that I've been cranky, well now I know.

I love juvenile jokes. That one cracked me up.

Here's a favourite of mine:
If you're Canadian when you go into the bathroom and you're Canadian when you come out of the bathroom, what are you when you are in the bathroom?

European!

Ha, Ha, Ha it makes me laugh every time.

Anonymous said...

Here's my contribution to grade school humor.
Say hi to your knee.
Hi knee.
You just said hynee (sp?)! hahahaha