Sunday, September 23, 2007

In the News

Central Park Hoodie: Deborah has been dutifully posting inch by inch progress (as per her fans requests) on her CPH knit on circulars so I thought it might be time to post a picture of mine as well. Back and Left Front are finished. Right Front is hiding behind the glass head. The cable hat on the glass head was the first post on my blog.


Glass Head: Arrived on Thursday. What fun it was carrying it through the halls of an elementary school talking about "wanting to get ahead in life" and saying that it's "where I store my extra brains." I've been looking around for the "perfect" felted hat pattern- I want an Annie Hall type number with a cute little brim. Anyone with links to obscure felted hat patterns, please leave a comment!

Spinning: I was able to get my own roving attached and spun (a little bit.) I'm still not able to get it to wind around the bobbin but I have some theories as to why that is. Slow progress is being made.

It's hindered only by GHB who doesn't have the patience for failed attempts that I do. Last night as I approached the wheel again, after several minutes the flyer flew off (a fact that I was proud of since it was doing it every few seconds the night before) and he said "YOU NEED TO GET SOMEONE TO SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THAT." We have since had several conversations on the virtues of patience, practice and persistence but I'm not going to try it while he's in the room anymore. I think it makes him nervous.

And finally, the news we don't get here in the states:


This was what greeted the president on his trip to Australia on September 8. You've got to love the Aussie style. It's worth clicking for a larger image but if you don't feel like it, the point is "Bums Not Bombs." Caption reads "Bums for Bush." Had I known the spinning wheel was going to be packed in this, I would have certainly paid much more!

14 comments:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

That's hilarious! Such serious subterfuge on the part of the Aussie Spinning Wheel Industry... packing their product in anti-war propaganda. Gotta give 'em their props.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Look at you and your CPH, looking good, babe1!!

Glad Bush got the welcome he so richly deserved down under....

Anonymous said...

Well that is one of the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'd like that t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Your CPH looks great. Not to mention it's my favorite color.

Sharon said...

Beautiful knitting, and I love the hat on the glass head. Not to mention the Aussies hanging a collective BA. Feel the love, Dubya.

Yarnhog said...

Your CPH is looking awesome! I also love the Aussie newspapers. My Ashford came wrapped in plain old paper. I feel cheated.

Olga said...

Oh those zany Aussies! Any excuse to hang their bum out!!!

Anonymous said...

A fitting welcome for Bush. God bless the Ausssies. Keep at the wheel thing, it will click eventually. If you need a good book to help, I'd recommend the Visual Spinning book (forget the exact title). CPH is looking good as is the glass head.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I was so distracted by the moons of Australia that I forgot to say, I am in love with your central park hoody, what a gorgeous colour! Also, that galss head is great, bizarre but great!

YawnOver said...

Great progress on the CPH - looks fantastic! That article is priceless!!!

Sarah said...

Your CPH yarn is gorgeous! What is it, if another CPH knitter may ask?

Deborah-- said...

CPH is looking fantastic! You've really made some progress. Before you know it you'll be whipping out those sleeves! Love the glass head.

Jess said...

OH man gotta love that picture. LOVE the CPH more though. Gorgeous. I can't wait to start mine!

knottykitty said...

When I first saw the picture, I was so busy squinting and trying to read what is on the shirt, that I totally didn't even see the line of bare bums! Lame! My powers of observation amaze me sometimes (not)! LOL! What a great picture---very funny and well-deserved, too! I would have added mine to the line up if I was there! :)