Sunday, September 02, 2007

This is a What if, o.k.?

In high school, to kill time, we used to play "What If?" The introduction was always, "this is a what if, o.k.?"

I have a knitting what if that I might try later but maybe I"ll see what' you make of it before I do.

What if cable directions said- Slip 6 stitches onto cable needle, hold in back. Knit next 3 stitches from left needle, knit 3 stitches from cable needle, (3 stitches remain on cable needle) Knit 3 stitches from left needle, knit remaining 3 stitches from cable needle

Is there such a thing?

A CLARIFICATION! This is not in any pattern that I have that's why I called it a What if. I'm just making stuff up and wondering if it's a thing. If you find it in any design, it will probably only be when I'm a famous designer in 75 years.

11 comments:

Haley said...

my head hurts just thinking about this what if. my answer, maybe? i was almost tempted enough to try it. but i didn't.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like strangled noose to me.

sophanne said...

to be honest, the h.s. what if's were usually ridiculous and included equally ridiculous multiple choice answers. Added to this post should have been-

a. would you stalk said designer and whack them in the head?

b. would you just find some rope, tie it in knots and call it a sweater.

c. would you laugh yourself silly and buy the pattern anyway.

d. all of the above

e. none of the above.

Yarnhog said...

It sounds like some sort of split-cable mutant. Or BS. But you can bet I'm going to go try it and see what I get.

YawnOver said...

Hmmm...if I wasn't so tired I'd try it now. Maybe tomorrow.

YawnOver said...

*sigh* Okay, I did it. Come and take a look.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

You just like messing with people's minds. It sounds pretty mutant to me too and NO I am not going to attempt it!

Anonymous said...

A sphincter says what? I haven't cabled before so maybe I should make your "what if" cable query my first attempt. I'm not even going to ask what type yarn/gauge. I'll assume worsted weight.

Heather said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I added you onto my blogroll, love to find new people!

Interesting "what if" and even more interesting that it caused Jennifer to have to go try it! LOL!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

It sounds very freestyle, I love it!

Olga said...

Saw it on Jennifers, looks ok to me. Looks like you need to use light weight yarn.