Monday, September 24, 2007

Inspiration

Three Cheers for Red Silvia for a finished Tangled Yoke.

I have frogged my own Yoke and what follows are the events that led to this momentous occasion-


1. Silvia frogged her collar 3 times before finally finishing it. Judith in NYC also frogged her Yoke and left a comment about it on Silvia's blog. Seems like there should just be a button out there that says "Frogging Tangled Yokers Unite."

2. Knit Night Debbie's secret help for picking up frogged stitches- use a smaller needle so you don't lose as many-I think there were only 4-5 that I have to go back and pick up

3. My need for constant approval from all perceived teachers- won't Debbie be proud on Tuesday?

4. Moderate success on the CPH that allows for the fact that maybe I'm not a complete knitting failure.

5. The spinning wheel requiring so much patience that frogging and picking up 300+ stitches seemed like something relaxing to do

Don't get me wrong- that yoke is still in Time Out. I just won't have to growl and grimace at it every time it catches my eye.

7 comments:

KimT said...

hate frogging, but its always worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there -- it's a great looking sweater. I don't have that much patience, I fear.

Sharon said...

It can be done. You can do it!

Yarnhog said...

It'll be worth it. There's nothing like learning a new skill to make you appreciate the skills you already have. I put in a new entry door yesterday. It made me appreciate laying floor tile.

Anonymous said...

My friend Risa frogged hers too. I told her she's a Yarn Liberator and the yarn is now free (for other projects).

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Knitting failure? Puh-leeze!!

Anonymous said...

I think you're right...we do need a button. My Tangled Yoke is still on Time Out as well...