Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Round of WIP's

Lest you think there hasn't been any knitting around here, it's time for another round of WIP's

First 10" of a turtleneck cable vest in "allergic to wool" knit in the round



This is the knit night project. That way when I forget to pay attention and make a giganticorama mistake, at least I can fix the stitches without a crochet hook or concentrating much


And also a slightly overexposed picture of 14" of the back of the Central Park Hoodie.




I did indeed frog the wrong color and get it back on the needles without a major catastrophe. Intermediate-novice knitting accomlishment #23.

This may seem small to those of you accustomed to being able to solve your own problems. For me though, it was only 2 years ago while pre-novicely knitting a scarf in railroad track novelty yarn that I had to frog the whole thing every time I dropped a stitch because I didn't know how to pick it up. I also didn't know it was called frogging. Nor did I know that I was knitting with the most impossible "yarn" on the planet. I believe this is where my tendency to overreach on all projects began.

Upstairs in the bedroom is a sock in yet another shade of green but not with any cables.

I've got a big case of the greens going on accompanied by slight cabling. There is no cure- you can only treat the symptons. Treatment includes bidding on a spinning wheel and a glass head on ebay.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Green is always a good choice! I have to really try every once in a while to get something that's not green... or blue.

Yarnhog said...

I love green sweaters. I've knitted about six of them. Another treatment for the greens is buying orange yarn. Because they're opposites, you know?

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is green -- so you won't get any arguments from me about the color choice.

Re: green and orange -- they really do look good together. My flowers for my wedding were tigerlilies (orange) and my maid of honor wore a deep green dress.

Anonymous said...

Oh I was so there with you frogging from one dropped stitch! But I'll say that sometimes it looks icky to go back and pick up those stitches. Some yarn can't handle it. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

CPH looks great!

Olga said...

I am shades of verigated green envy...I just like the way it sounds! I remember reading EZ's book about how easy it is to pick up dropped stitchs and it was like the Hallauah Chorus in the sky began to sing.

Lydee said...

Good luck on winning the spinning wheel!

YawnOver said...

Love the CPH. Glad you've moved on from "yarn" ;)

Deborah-- said...

I say when you are in a color mood just knit with it. I myself go through color phases and right now for me it is red. CPH looks great. Glad to hear the frogging went well. It stinks that happened but at least you are back on the right foot.