Thursday, July 30, 2009

multi topic post no title applicable

Knit night- popcorn and m&m's mixed as a snack food. Must. Try.

Stray-Much to Liza's delight and Annabelle's dismay, there is a stray cat-very loving- hanging around the house. I mention this because Neghbor Marilyn told me that it and another neighborhood cat went "a$$ over tincups" down the hill in a territorial dispute. "A$$ over tincups." That cracked me up.

Yesterday was Rain Day here in the 'burg. For the 5 years that I've lived here, it's not really rained any significant amount on Rain Day. Usually around 4:00 pm you'll hear someone say "I think I felt a raindrop." or "Someone said it rained at the airport." (why yes, we do have an "airport" of sorts.)

This year it was pouring in the morning. Threatening around the afternoon. Mr. Sophanne and I discussed going for street fair food and he said "but it's raining" and I said "but that's the point." It was all very confusing.

We went with Liza but were stopped abruptly when I saw the "No Pets" sign. He got some fair food and I listened to the "wife calling your husband with a rolling pin" contest. This mostly consisted of screaming and the words "Get Your Butt...." etc.

As we sat at the side of the courthouse finishing dinner two young girls (7-10ish) approached to pet Liza. Then they turned into the "Look what I can do!" kind of kids. This "do" consisted of falling to her hands on the pavement and kicking her feet up in the air.

I told Neighbor Marilyn about this and she said "Where do these people come from? It's just not the same group of people there anymore" (or something to that effect.) Later I asked her if she had seen Neighbor Ellen and she replied "She's probably at Rain Day." Crack me up? yes.

And in news that is yet to be seen as good or bad, my Michael Scott is leaving. In an effort to list all that we've been through she mentioned that we didn't meet AYP standards (classy) and that we were no longer the county's best kept secret. She was tearful and apologetic about leaving. Most had no reaction as we had already learned this from the county's job-posting site. Best wishes Michael. Now I might friend you on Facebook.

Tomorrow I'm adventuring to Mountain Mama's house to pick blackberries and maybe play the flute. She lives way out there and going over always feels like a secret vacation. Last year we accidentally planned lessons for the start of the school year so anything is possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bye-bye, Michael, and don't let the screen door, etc., etc. Yay for you!

Carol said...

Okay, having rain on Rain Day is an event? Heh.

Yarnhog said...

Someday I really must come visit. Just to see if it's a real place.

Lydee said...

woah...wow.

love that it rained on rain day, too fricken' funny!

congrats on the ms leave. wonder where MS is heading?? and there's always the trepidation: who are we going to get next? good luck.

now you can befriend MS on face book, lol! my secret policy is to no longer befriend coworkers on facebook. wish i would have made said policy sooner. :-(

Bring on the lessons: so that's how i got my school year started last year. I stole your ideas. I forgot.
Hopefully, for real, you all just had a fun relaxing time.

:-)