Sunday, July 05, 2009

Dear Winter Self

In addition to 5 pairs of socks, I knitted you some giant mittens. I hope you like them.



Debbie Bliss Chunky Cashmerino- size 10 dpns- cast on 30 stitches- used Ann Budd's How to knit everything book and the 30 stitches column.

The last few pairs I've knit (not with the same yarn) have been too short at the top. (nothing to do with her pattern- plenty to do with me not measuring accurately at all.)These are a little too long at the top. 23 rows from gusset to decrease was about 3 too many. Maybe summer self will make another pair.

The green is some duplicate stitching because that can be so enjoyable. Yea, the thumbs don't have any decoration but big deal.

Who says I don't knit for others?

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

"Who says I don't knit for others?" Oh, I totally have to use that line! I just cast on a sweater for my winter self. My husband is disgruntled because I have once again failed to cast on a plainblackcashmerestockinettecrewneck for him.

Sunshine said...

too bad I don't need mittens....I would plead for a pair of those! They are great!

Lydee said...

lol! such generosity!

Carol said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHH! you just reminded me. I want ot knit mittens for gifts this year at Christmas, I had better get a move on...