Monday, July 27, 2009

Seriously?

eta- there was not enough yarn to bind off-in spite of my best efforts. I believe at some point I will undo the bind off and go for the single purl to make sure I get to the end!




Angry KG must have moved East. Maybe it's just the Wicked KG of the East.

What you see here is the Forest Canopy Shawl in Stitchjones' one of a kind only skein sold Daffodil. The second photo is where I thought I saw trouble ahead and switched from the pattern bind off (which called essentially for twice as much yarn for a heavier edge) to a regular purl bind off.

I will fix it someday. Go back. Take out two rows from the bottom edge. Put it back on the needles. Reknit. Cast off. Not today. For now, it's in Time Out.

Friends, this is much worse than running out of yarn on a long-tail cast-on.

Though secretly I am impressed that I came this close when guessing when to start the bottom edge which means this will likely happen again and that's just sick

9 comments:

Haley said...

I'm SO impressed with how close you got. I hate that you have to RIP when so close to being finished, but this project is well worth it. It looks BEAUTIFUL! [I typoed "beautifuk" at first which may be more how you are feeling about it right now. :)]

Sharon said...

Oh darlin. I have more of the Daffodil listed in my Etsy shop. Not sure if you'd want to invest in a whole skein to do your bind-off--just wanted to let you know it's there.

Your knitting is so lovely btw!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poo. Shucky darns. And so on. That sucks.

(To avoid running out of yarn on a long tail cast-on, tie the two ends from the skein together and use that as your starting point. When you have enough stitches cast on, break the strand that goes to the outside of the center-pull skein.)

Mary Beth said...

FC in that yellow is out of this world! Love it. RIP & re-bind-off are my middle names. Spent this week doing just that to two shawls & a pair of tall socks. Always worth it though.

Deborah said...

Well that just stinks! I can understand what you are feeling over this. On a bright side, the yarn color is absolutely freaking gorgeous!!! You should be proud of yourself for getting so close when estimating when to starting the bottom edging. Oh so close. Next time you will be spot on. Hang in there. Don't let it sit in time out for too long. Once you rip back the worst will be over.

Yarnhog said...

*&$#!

It definitely deserves a time out.

I am terribly impressed with your lace knitting, though.

Carol said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! So, switching bindoffs gave you enough yarn to finish it?

YawnOver said...

Omg - I would never know the difference on that bindoff! I hereby declare you Off the Hook. The whole thing is gorgeous - leave it and enjoy.

But "beautifuk" - I love that, heh heh. I'm sure it will come in handy someday.

Dandy said...

the shawl is beautiful... bummer about the cast off... it happened to me today!! on my lastest percy shawl...