Friday, July 24, 2009

A week's worth

Seven pairs of socks so far. Although I'm not sure I'm counting the first pair on the left. They're made of AlpacaSox and may or may not be superwash- hence not appropriate for the weekly washing cycle.



The way I see it, I have maybe seven more pairs to knit and all sock yarn will be accounted for.

Also in progress is the incredibly colorful and warm though possibly not at all attractive Sockghan.

I don't love long socks. A six inch top means that I can half it and do the heel so I stick with that formula. As a result, there is usually about a sock's worth of yarn leftover. I could cast on a third (as suggested by a knit night friend) for those just in case times but really, who wants to cast on for a THIRD sock?

This is a work in progress. I'm pretending that the black will "pull it all together" and make it looked like stained glass. It's the basic granny pattern from Babette- only I'm not paying attention to square sizes and ragtag attaching them as I finish.



Central Park Hoodie the Two has one front ribbed band completed- left to do is the other side, some sleeve attaching, side seaming, and blocking.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Woman. Are you telling me that you have been wearing wool socks the past month???? We have had a cooler than normal summer, but not that cool!I like the blankie. You'll love it come winter and Liza Jane can snuggle with you under the blanket.

Haley said...

looks like a fun way to remember all your fun sock knitting as you snuggle up on the sofa.

R a i n said...

Thanks for the comment :)

Seven pairs of socks huh?! Neat.I love the purple pair =D