Sunday, July 12, 2009

For the past 5 years of marriage, Mr. Sophanne and I have taken this family trip, visiting, trying to create good family memories etc. I am not the evil step-mother. I'm not even old enough to be the mother of his children- which in many circumstances could be (and in the beginning- was) slightly awkward.

I told him on our journey here that for the first time, I felt welcomed, loved and that family was looking forward to seeing me and that my only real anxiety was the air travel and kid overload.

I shared this with his daughter as well when we went shopping and we had one of those "yea, we're o.k." moments.

During the trip I took note of the lovely cut flowers and knew that while we were paying for the food, adding flowers to the mix would be considered less than frugal. No biggie.

This afternoon, when daughter's husband and smallest child came back from taking the mama to work, they delivered these.

They are the nicest flowers I've ever gotten with the most sincere sentiment behind them. I got me some in-laws and they're pretty awesome.

I found a more better vase but would feel a little self-conscious taking another picture of them. Know that they are now appropriately housed.





AND- I made pasta, sausage and toasted bread for 5 adults and 5 kids and there was enough and it didn't suck!

Also there was a dead red jellyfish in "our" backyard. Coincidentally enough- it looks like the sauce we had with dinner.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Anonymous said...

Awww! (That's for the flowers, not the dead jellyfish. I have never seen a red jellyfish before. Now I can die happy.)

flutter said...

that jellyfish was kind of gross looking...but MAN does your dinner sound delicious!

LisaBe said...

what kmk said :)

i adore my stepmother. she's too young to be my mother, too, but that hasn't made things weird at all. i just love her—i have loved her since before i met her, simply because i could see how happy my dad was with her. every kid should be so lucky to have an extra mom like that. same with my mother-in-law; i really hit the lottery with that one. yay family!

Lydee said...

I rejoice with you! that is fabulous! and i'm doubly happy with you about your dinner. and then you go and end the beautiful post with the jellyfish description, lol!!!! (just in case we were dabbing at the corners of our eyes) :-)
so glad you're sharing via blog. thanks.

Kim said...

Aww that's so wonderful! Those flowers are so pretty too. Yum yum, jellyfish sauce.

Cindy said...

Sounds like everyone has worked hard and it has paid off. Love your flowers. Not so much the dead jellyfish;-P