Saturday, November 22, 2008

This just in

Wool is warm.

Seriously.

It's freezing outside. I bundled up in a Rowan Bulky Wool sweater, a malabrigo scarf and some purchased (wtf) mittens and a hat (all of wool) and took the good dog for a walk in the cold. I had a hoodie sort of jacket over the sweater. I AM BURNING UP now.

Wool is warm.

Also for the good of the cause I seem to have a Yarnhog-Yarnhog curse going on with my knitting. She's been cranking out beautiful FO's and everything I touch turns to frog.

I took apart the sequoia cable vest- voted no on my improvised cables and tried again. I have 4 inches of a cabled moebius. The question that the tootsie roll people failed to ask? How many rows must Sophanne knit before she realizes she was not "being careful not to twist?" Adding insult to injury, I was doing the EZ trick of an inch of straight garter stitch. I had A FULL INCH to help me be careful not to twist.

For every two rows of Sonya's traveling scarf that I knit, I frog one row, unable to maintain a consistent K2 P2 pattern.

I'm thinking it's time to cast on for something really difficult so at least when I screw it up, there will be a good excuse.

This question just popping into my head. What happens if you were to make cables within garter stitch?

A little bit of "my dog is such a genius" business. MamofSophanne sent Liza a duck that has a repeating (3x) sort of electronic (as opposed to squeaky) quack. After several hours of not playing with it, I looked at her and imitated the quack. She immediately ran out and brought the duck to me. She's already managed to figure out which shoes are the "wanna go for a walk?" shoes and brings them upon request (and several times at her own suggestion)- at least the first one. She's still learning "get the other shoe."

Finally a thought on meeting some of the Hurricane Knitters (bloggers.) Last weekend was a delightful afternoon of food and fun and meeting more imaginary friends. Here's the deal though. When I read peoples blogs, I picture them all as mature responsible adults nothing like myself. What a treat to find that they can be just as absurd and age 10 in their head as I am.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Might you be a bit preoccupied? I have entire months where I do nothing but knit and rip. As for Ms Liza Jane? She is a very very smart puppy!

Debbie D said...

Wool totally rocks!

Anonymous said...

Certain dogs are very, very good at being dogs. Others, like our Bear, are just big furry hunks of love.

Yvonne said...

We are all 10 and 12 year olds at heart, refusing to grow up and be entirely responsible adults. :)

Carol said...

Yup,'get the other shoe' is an important thing to learn. trying to walk the dog sith only one shoe would be uncomfortable, I think...

Yarnhog said...

"everything I touch turns to frog"

Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Frogging is ok, leaving in the booboos is not. Congrats on being so mature :)

Wool is indeed warm. Perhaps you had too much wool on for an active walk. You were dressed for sitting on the deck perhaps?

Kim said...

Wool is fo shiz. The other night while walking Stella, I was covered in wool, except for the upper part of my legs and my arse (these part covered in corduroy). When I got home my arse and upper legs were numb slabs of meat. The rest of me, very warm! Hope your mojo comes back.

Mary Beth said...

I have been wrapping myself in my cowl (from Kim) & my CPH to go to bed. DH likes the no-heat-on for sleeping...even when it's 24 deg. outside. I have been very toasty. Wool has kept me form turning into a human popsicle. LOL!

Who in the world is a mature knitter out There??? yUCK.