Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Good The Bad and the Slightly Disapointing

The Good
When all else fails, cast on for a Stry-Ped Whi-Ked. This is heathered Cascade that was going to be that fancy Noni Bag. I've got a boatload of it and it was begging to be wicked.



The Bad
This is Lizadoodles favorite favorite favorite toy. Mostly because it's been around the longest. It took her almost 9 months to put an end to it. She is mourning the loss.


The slightly disappointing.
It's just not exactly what I wanted. Not enough positive ease. V-neck happened too late. I know its froggable. I know that if I blocked it a little it would improve things. I'm just mad at the yarn. Lesson learned from this project. If it won't knit up on AddiLaceweight needles, I'm not doing it. No more chunky for me.


The added bonus

Mr. Sophanne woke up with this quote he made up in his head.

"While my fear of flying has diminished, my fear of baggage is steadily increasing."

I think it might be profound.

6 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

love the profound quote and the sad little chicken. still an idiot about knitting talk.

5elementknitr said...

That is such a great quote, I can't stand it! You gotta put that on your sidebar!

Anonymous said...

i agree--great sidebar material!!!

Cindy said...

If not profound, at least a tee shirts worth;--) Poor little rubber chicken. Poor little Liza Jane. Poor vest.

Mary Beth said...

Ack! Said Bill the Cat.

Took me a minute to "sound out" the Striped Wicked. I was never good at sounding out. I am a bit blonde I admit.

Lets look at it this way. Bulky yarns provide less opportunity for fit...& a flattering one at that. All our projects & disappoints add up to our vast knowledge about our craft. You learned what you really like even if the trouble to get in the know wasn't so fun.

Kim said...

Put that quote on your sidebar! You married yerself a deep thinker I reckon. Don't ask me why I'm writing in hill-billy. I don't know. Sad about the brown sweater. I get mad at yarn too.