Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don't mean to gloat but..


we had a snow day today. It was the best kind. Unexpected and practically unnecessary from this neck of the woods.

Liza and I did the happy dance and then went back under the covers.

This poorly photographed yarn is CLassic Elite Sequoia. I'm improvising a vest and playing with cables. They're making ovals. Everytime I think I don't like it, I change my mind. I've added short rows in the back (for the first time ever.) Come to find I don't care for anything above a size 8 needle. These are 10.5 I wake up and my fingers are slightly, if unofficially, arthritic.

I tried to photograph the baby surprise jacket but the light did not cooperate. I found cute purple mitten buttons on Saturday. Maybe someday you'll see it.

Fear of ice on the road means knit night missed a second time in a row. bleh.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Sorry about the missed knit night...but snow?! I'd settle for clouds at this point.

Anonymous said...

I'm still in disbelief that there was a snow day already! It's only November! Hope it's not a preview of things to come....the vest is looking good!

Yvonne said...

Dang. I'm moving to Waynesburg. Of course, we don't have snow days where I work. :(

Carol said...

A snow day? In November? ::jaw drops in disbelief:: I didn't get one. Waaaaahhhhhh.