Monday, November 24, 2008

Sequoia Version 4



I'm winging it. Using math to get stitch count- math to center cable pattern and a variation of the August 18 six stitch braid from the 365 knitting stitches a year calendar. Also am using Ann Budds book of patterns to determine how to shape the sleeves. I've added short rows and the back is nearing completion (the bottom part is knit in the round and (the picture is upside-down) I'm a leetle scairt about how I'll turn this into a v-neck vest. Ann Budd has some directions but I'd like to carry some of the pattern up and around the V. Knowing that KG is in the neighborhood, I'm going slowly and planning on frogging- or as I prefer to call it- experimenting.

The yarn is 50% wool, 30% acrylic and 20% alpaca. It's a little dark and busy for cables but I am drawn to the texture match and there are no knitting police to stop me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe I hear the KG and the KP applauding in the wings.

Kim said...

Looking good! Keeping my fingers crossed that KG leaves you alone. Maybe you should burn a small amount of yarn as an offering.

Yarnhog said...

I'll be distracting the KG for you shortly. Hang in there!

Deborah-- said...

My hat is off to you and your adventuring into knitting things from sratch with the assistance of reference materials. I am really liking what you got going on here with this one. Keep it up and may your experimenting continue to go well.

Carol said...

"GO GO GO GO!!!"
::crowd cheers madly::

5elementknitr said...

Fearless Sophanne! YAY!