Monday, March 05, 2007

What to Blog

While exploring blog-land, I've discovered that the ones I enjoy the most have quirky stories, strong opinions, and fabulously staged photos. Others have a plethora of quizzes to determine various personality traits and collections of buttons that have no real meaning (that I can see) other than decoration. My only statement is the George Bush countdown and that seems to be going slower than the treadmill as I travel through the 18-30 minute time slot. (Today it went a little bit quicker when I pretended secretly that I was racing the guy on the treadmill next to me- I won.)

The "Flair" from an earlier post is on the circular needles. I'm still having some trouble imagining that it will really evolve into a sweater although I can see sleeves forming and it reminds me of the evolutionary picture of the fish walking out of the ocean. Perhaps in another billion years, I will have a sweater.

I keep casting on various socks just before bedtime and then start the heels before they're really long enough to be anything more than booties and then don't finish them because they're not right. Must meditate more on patience.


I went a little yarn crazy on ebay but lately I've been hating the drive and the employees at the LYS's. Maybe not so much a knitting addict as a yarn addict. The good news is that the total ebay cost was about $2.50/skein- much cheaper than anything at the LYS for the quality. I think I'll try to figure out how to knit the vest on circulars. That fabulous purple color will be the first on the needles- Rowan calls it Turkish. Ahh.. a Turkish V is for Victory Vest. Just for a quirky anecdote- the other colors are squirrel, sludge, midnight, holly and fern.

No comments: