Sunday, March 04, 2007

knitting addict with addicts knitting

Another Saturday night at the "club" and another willing victim. The fellow above had some tension issues-though you wouldn't know it to look at him. I tried to encourage relaxing the hands and the yarn and all I can assume is that he was relaxed. He did agree to take it with him this time to work on.


New knitter number two was delighted to pick it up and perhaps would have gotten a good bit more done if she hadn't been so chatty but her eagerness to embrace life after 17 months of being heroin free was uplifting.Having crocheted before, it didn't take her long to figure out how it all worked. She planned on calling her mother as soon as she got home to tell her what she had learned.

This brings the grand total of my knitting contribution to the planet to 8. Lilybel-the grandbaby- is learning in school as well and I'm looking forward to seeing the knitted chicken I've heard so much about. Hopefully I'll remember the camera on knitting Thursday- would that there could be sound which would include dd singing.

Teachers in the county are lobbying for a "blue flu" on Tuesday. School may be cancelled for students. Not being represented by any organization, I have no intention of joining them but I may indeed bring the green spaghetti in circles sweater if there aren't any kids!

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Deep down, don't you feel fulfilled for enlightening all these people on the ways of knitting? You are a 'neat knit nut'!!!