Sunday, March 25, 2007

taking the plunge

The postal bag adventure and the attempt at Flair has convinced me that circular needles will soon be a part of my regular knitting repertoire. Rather than making the many trips to the LYS or not so LYS's to figure out what size needle and length of cord I want when knitting-the combinations seem endless- I went on-line and purchased Denise's interchangable needle set. I was hoping for a set that included needles for socks, but it would seem that option isn't out there yet. I kind of like the bamboo dpns anyway. I feel like a "real" knitter using them. There has been a nightly examination of the how to design a sweater book and 2 pounds of Caron acrylic in "azure" (total cost $5.00) to play with so perhaps by the time Spring Break begins I will be finished with my postal bag and ready to venture into the design world. For the record I WILL be swatching and I WILL be determining gauge. NO MORE BLIND KNITTING!

No comments: