Friday, March 30, 2007

knit-wits

The MD kntiwits knitting club has three members. Myself, Sugarplum, and Gran. At least someone showed up. I have a feeling that Sugarplum told Gran I would teach her to crochet without increasing every row. She came with a crochet hook and told Sugarplum that she didn't know she was supposed to bring "those sticks." Sugarplum knitted a row then traded "sticks" with Gran and crocheted about 12" of chain. Gran knitted some blue.

In spite or because of all of this, it was fun. I got 2 more inches of the postal bag finished and was able to separate the stitches so that I could begin the flap tonight. 19" of flap seems daunting at first but I must remember that I will get to purl and it will take less than half the time that the actual bag took. "Haste makes waste" says Poor Richard. "Have patience" says Sammy the Snail. "Don't wait around for us" say the Slowskies. A postal bag is no reason to wish your life away.

8 more hours and Spring Break begins-wishing your life away to get to spring break is a completely different thing.

No comments: