Wednesday, January 17, 2018

(Backup) Two day week— five day weekend

Monday was MLK day, Tuesday was a snow day and today was an Arctic Academy day.  Teachers at school kids at home. I spent nearly all of the time planning for the high school class.  Do you have any idea how many different versions of Brahm's Lullaby there are? Yo yo Ma and Nat King Cole were my favorites.

The requested ponytail hat remained on the requestees head all day today.  It kind of cracked me up.  Maybe just because it was so pleasing to me.
Here she looks like a Barbie doll (minus the ridiculous proportions)


I walked a lot today.  Grabbed the first grade teachers for some laps around the gym. Then went to the gym gym and did 3 miles with one mile of intermittent running. I saw a recipe online about healthy comfort food. I didn’t follow it but used some of the ingredient ideas.  I am not disappointed with the result. Quinoa, firm tofu, carrots, spinach, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, tamari sauce, cumin, and a little chili powder.


I've started a hundred knitting projects. None have stuck. This one is called the Mithril Beanie on Ravelry. It uses the honeycomb stitch whic I like but one mistake and it’s time to start a new one because I surely can not read those stitches/rows.


Finally I am reading a beautiful book about and titled Silence: in the age of noise by Erling Kagge. I am constantly in search of silence. And when it’s there I often forget to embrace it. This book will be my friend for a good while.  I can feel it.












1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Super busy woman! Thank you for the book idea.