Friday, January 05, 2018

Meanwhile in the tundra...


Children did not report to school Wednesday or today.  Teachers were supposed to but there is no way I could keep myself busy and I took sick days.  Sick of going out in the cold, that is.

Having an easy week and some extra time before zumba, a trip to the grocery store garnered a variety pack of mushrooms, some wonton wrappers, a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin.

I made mushroom ravioli that tasted much better than it looked.  I soaked some cashews before I went to zumba and made a garlic cream sauce for the ravioli.  Wontons were a little thin.  It also took a million hours to make the ravioli that wanted to fall apart anyway.

I put the pumpkin in the spice cake mix, put that mixture into muffin cups and had some oh so delicious not full of sugar milk and butter muffins.  They were amazing.  The recipe came from the counselor at school.

For the hour to and from work the one day this week I started watching Fat, Sick and Almost Dead. The guy juices to get healthy.  While I've been doing great with protein supplement and beans, I've been pretty burned out on vegetables.  So today there was this from the food processor. 

 I drank it all which means for dinner I had 2 apples, 2 baby oranges, 8 baby carrots, 4 dates and a half of bag of spinach.  It did not taste horrible.  And I'm full (for now).  I will be investigating juicing further, possibly this summer.




And on the knitting front, a teacher asked for a ponytail hat and her wish was my command.  I made one for myself but it was a little shorter than it should have been.  It works, but not as well.










1 comment:

kmkat said...

I need a ponytail hat. Jeez, do you think I could knit one?