Saturday, January 06, 2018

Welcome to The Smooth(ie) Chronicles

Ingredients: spinach, kale, blackberries, pomegranate seeds, banana, flax meal, chia seeds, almond milk (vanilla flavored because I didn’t shop)

Color: dark grayish purple

Ice would have made it better.  Didn’t even notice the spinach or the kale.  Meant to add a few dates for both sweetener and digestive purposes. Surprised that the almond milk (instead of water) was an acceptable flavor.

When you drink one of these and you’re not starving afterwards it feels pretty good.


Update on the pumpkin muffins- 15 muffins were gone in two days.  It was just so hard not to eat them.  I bought more mix and pumpkin.  I’m going to again use a full can of pumpkin and add a little oatmeal to firm things up.  I also saw that we have a muffin pan in the cupboard (maybe I snagged it from Aunt's House?) I’m just surprised greathusbandbob hasn’t thrown it out believing that we don’t use it enough.

I’ve started lots of new things.  This is the longest a new thing has stuck.  Go me.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Go you...you are doing a great job! Thanks for sharing your recipes.