Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sylvia



I'll let knitnightGina rearrange her face as she sees fit- I just wanted to see how close I could come. Then she will reside permanently at the home of one of the people on the planet who makes me happiest. (that would BE knitnightGina)

Given that Hippo number 1 is named Milton, it's only right that the next hippo be named Sylvia. (that would be the name of Aunt of Sophanne)

In other news, JelliDonut- one of my favorite not blogging much bloggers-she's more of a tweeter now- tweeted this kickstarter project.

From the project page

Knitting For Victory is a unique look at the extraordinary response to war seen between 1916 and 1945. It's the story of The Production Corps, the knitters, and the soldiers all fighting for victory, in their own way.

Written by essayist and knitwear designer Rohn Strong, Knitting For Victory, will be a beautiful softcover knitting book with more than 12 articles on WWI and WWII knitting as well as 25 updated patterns, for men, women, and children, and the home all in colors classic to that time period. (Yes, I do mean Olive Drab and Khaki!)


I kicked in a couple of dollars because it seems like a cool project. I don't know the guy- there is no reward for me other than I'll get to buy the book but have a look-see if you care to and decide for yourself.

2 comments:

roxie said...

I love those knit-for-the boys patterns. I think of the young women knitting away on socks for some lad in the trenches, imbuing each stitch with her hopes, dreams and care. And I think of the lads, just grateful to get dry socks, wearing them till the heels and toes wore out, throwing them away. Somewhere, there are piles of worn-out socks with such enormous stories to tell.

Sylvia is precious! Such a little sweetie. You are a darling to produce such cuddle bugs.

Becky said...

I love her too!!