Thursday, April 01, 2010

What's Up?

It's the movie I just watched. Liked it.

It's Spring Break here in these parts. We've had the whole week off. I used to be able to explain how that can happen while missing the month of February, but the logic of the WV state department eludes me. (this is also the state department that said schools would start earlier next year and then forgot to legislate on extending the contracts of all of the service personnel.) The weather has been friendly. The dog has been walked. My allergies/sinuses kicked into high gear so there was plenty of rest for the weary.

Come to find that the Brandon Mably workshop is on a THURSDAY. I've paid my money- I've purchased my 12 skeins of light and dark yarn. Looks like I'll have to take a personal day. Sometimes I'm just calendar stupid. I think my friend Chris may have given me the date and omitted the day so that I wouldn't realize it until it was too late. Now that's a good friend.

( and while I realize that the colors don't pop in this shadowy picture, there are daffydils and LizaJane so it had to make the cut.)

There's some malabrigo buttercream on the needles to become another Wool Peddler's shawl. I hope I don't see anyone who I think it will look beautiful on. Also on the needles is Romi's Brandywine in some malabrigo chocolate sock yarn. I've shifted my shawl knitting from chart reading to text reading and seem to tink just a little less. That pattern is written from the bottom up and is clever clever clever.





Now lets talk Swallowtail.I made it through the first three charts- nupps and all- with the correct number of stitches. And now, as I start number four I've tinked nearly every row at least once. This due to my overconfidence when finishing a row- I don't need to count stitches- I'm sure I've concentrated enough. Some of the nupps are nuppettes- either I forgot it on the make a nupp side or dropped some stitches on the purl a nupp side. yea, yea, whatever. (Kauni on the swallowtai- Blackwater Abbey on Kilkenny)



Kilkenny is in the background- while I had other pictures- this one most reflects the color and the vastness of it. One and a half skeins to go until it's done.

8 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I don't know about the buttercream, but brown Malabrigo looks FANTASTIC on me! ;) Gorgeous work; I do believe I might be eating my words about the Great Shawl Challenge of 2010.

Carol said...

The shawl wil look best on you. Believe it!

Anonymous said...

You're safe. Any color of yellow looks crap on me.

Becky said...

I've only ever knitted one shaw (which was mostly garter stitch), and by the end of it there was so many freaking stitches I was incredibly angry at everything. You're amazing, and they all look wonderful, I'm vicariously enjoying shaw knitting though you.

Cindy said...

I love the picture of the yarn, flowers and lil Liza Jane. Terrific!!!!!! That Brandywine looks gorgeous and the Swallowtail will be stunning. You are amazing and your friend, Chris, is brilliant;-D

janna said...

My queue resembles your works-in-progress! You're just ahead of me by a few months.

And you switched from charts to text? Really? I find text instructions much more confusing than charts - I use that "teacher tape" to keep track of my row. If I"m reading text, I have to re-read the line constantly.... (But to each their own.....)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I am so in awe of your Swallowtail!

Lydee said...

i think your pics of the yarn and daffadils and mountains in background with LJ is beautiful.