Thursday, April 22, 2010

as if I needed more opportunities for chaos

This is just a picture of the mess I've made with that small messenger bag and color play. Somehow I know for sure that if I pursue the fabulous Kaffe Fassett patterns in my head, things are only going to get worse. I could pretend that this concerns me, but given that much of my knitting without fancy color changes ends up looking like this as it lies in wait tells me that secretly I'm not really all that concerned.



I ordered this book last week. No garment patterns. Just patterns and designs.


Oh the possibilities. There are 190 of them.




I've learned to knit with ease. I've learned to purl with ease. I've learned to knit fair isle with relative ease. If I want to do something more than in a circle I'm going to have to learn to purl fair isle with relative ease and make friends with the concept of just grabbing a length of yarn and sticking it in there intarsia style. I cant find the exact quote but somewhere in this book it says if you're not sure of the color combos- add 20 more colors. Somewhere else it also says start small and simple. As if.

Kilkenny is soaking preparing for blocking- soon my friends- soon. And by "soon" I mean "Soon it will be folded up and put in the closet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that guy Kaffe is a wild man with the colors. I love looking at it, haven't attempted any of it yet. You go!

Cindy said...

Oh, goody!!!!!