Saturday, May 30, 2009

bocce-bocci-boccie

So, last weekend Mr. Sophanne said "let's get groceries at the new W@Lm@rt." I find that place to be overwhelming and sinisterly predatory. Some people love it- that's fine by me.

In an attempt to discourage this behavior, I picked up some not so random but definitely unnecessary things as we perused the aisles. Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii. And a Bocce game set. My plan is that if he thinks I spend obsessively whenever I go there, we won't have to go anymore.


If you click here you'll find the rules to bocce that we mostly followed. Except we only used three balls each (I'm not sure why) and we tied the dog leash to the tree so she wouldn't chase the jack (the little white ball that you aim at with the other balls.) Mr. Sophanne won 11-5.

If you really want some fun, you play Liza Bocci which involves removing the dog from the leash and letting her chase and keep the jack. It sort of randomizes any skills because once she has too many bocce balls tossed her way, she gets up and takes the jack with her. I won that round 11-7. No animals were injured in the playing of this version.

In additional updates-

The kindergarten flowers have been confirmed as impatiens and are still alive and well.

Central Park Hoodie the Rabbit version (angorish) has a right front, left front, and back. The sleeves (worked 2 at a time) are on the needles.

There are five more days of school with kids left- each day has something going on where multiple classes will not be there for one reason or another. Sometimes I try to pre-schedule my free time so I don't fritter it away. I have not done this as of yet. There will be some flute-playing, some dinner making and a trip to my favorite bookstore for some escapical fiction. Also plenty of dog walks and knitting but that's a given.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Walmart is claustrophobic. The aisles are too narrow and the shelves too high. and my local Walmart is undergoing renovations so everything is not where it should be. So Ican't just run in and run out as I usually do. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Escapical fiction sounds like a great idea.

Yarnhog said...

I like the sound of Liza Bocce. I had to stop taking Sophie to the park during baseball practice because the local Little League didn't much like Sophie Ball.

YawnOver said...

omg - definitely pre-schedule. I have already frittered away several days of between-semester idleness. They just roll away like marbles if you are not careful.

Bocce=super awesome. Walmart=pffft.

Mary Beth said...

This whole post left me smiling w/ warm fuzzies. Of course minus the WallyWorld inspired panic attack I get whenever it is mentioned ;)

Haley said...

Thanks, as always, for making me smile. Can't wait to see all your knitting you accomplish in your free time.