Monday, May 11, 2009

Did I mean Petunia?

O.k. I got no clue when it comes to flowers- I called this a pansy the other day but I'm guessing visual confirmation and flower-smart bloggers might tell me that it's a petunia-or something that doesn't even begin with the letter P. (but I hope it does)



At any rate, it survived the weekend in complete dry blackness- didn't even look worse for the wear until I dumped it slightly in my car as I was getting out. Will this thing get bigger if I let it or is it one of those daffydil-like things that says hey I'm blooming-hey I'm done?

4 comments:

Lydee said...

can't tell for sure but i think it's an impatien, sounds like impatient. i think it's so funny when they're given to mothers: here mom, this flower is an impatient, just like you.

they thrive on next to nothing. mine have been close to death and survived. yes it will get bigger and bloom all summer. needs part shade, should be just fine right where you put it.

i like impatiens because i cannot kill them, unless i forget to water.

Anonymous said...

Might be an impatiens, but I'm voting for pansy. We need a bigger close-up in better light for positive id.

Carol said...

Yay for tough plants! those are the best kind. As for what it is, it's NOT a marigold. That is the extent of my knowledge.....

Yarnhog said...

I'm thinking pansy, too.