Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Today is brought to you by

... the llama song.

I woke up with it in my head. None of the words. Just llama over and over and I couldn't remember the punchline (duck.) I kept thinking llama llama goat.

At one point (6:30ish)in the I'm never really fully awake until 10:00 am morning I found myself wandering my home, searching for a bra to wear with nothing in it's place, with the llama song in my head. (Half nekkid girl wandering the house with the llama song in her head) As the search got longer- the song went faster. I was sure I was going to find it at the same time as the punchline in the song- didn't happen. Support was found under some clothes. The song continued. I remembered the word "duck." At the same moment I looked on the kitchen table and saw another bra- just hanging out on the kitchen table. Apparently I'm not so coherent in the post-knit night hours after 9:00 pm. Seriuosly- I crack me up.

What was so distracting? All I can figure is that I was still basking in the pleasant aura of a really nice knit night.

I've had a little cold and thought about skipping another week but something (probably KNQDebbie) pushed me onward. When I got there, Marc was passing out some free Reggia sock yarn that he was trying to destash.

Ruth gave me a present-a "Global Monopoly" -the electonic/travel edition (with ATM cards instead of money) to play with the kids on the train

Judy asked KNQD what she was knitting and Debbie said "a chicken." That just makes me laugh. When explaining how she was knitting it in the round and then going to steek it to stuff it I suggested that her chicken was going to get an episiotomy. Her daughter recently built a chicken house and therre were stories of chickens and eggs as well.

Joyce said "I wouldn't win a lottery if I was the only one entered."

The thing about knit night is when you're feeling less than perfect, your friends come, hang out with you, and laugh at your stupid comments. Then you feel a little less less than perfect.

3 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Carol said...

I usually wake up with a song running through my head. Lately it's been that awful Britney Spears on or the horrid Pink one. No I won't tell you cause I don't want to inflict an accidental earworm. I don't like those songs. Why are they stuck in my head?

Yarnhog said...

I got a good chuckle out of the bra on the kitchen table. I once found a jockstrap and cup in my purse. Just pulled it right out in the middle of a PTA board meeting while I was looking for a pen. When all eyes turned to me, I said something like, "Oh, what. Am I the only one with one of these in my purse?" It's still school lore.