Sunday, May 03, 2009

yess-eet eez blocking



Forest Canopy the First is blocking. There are plenty of errors that I won't bother pointing out. Even this smallish low quality picture will likely reveal them. I do not mind them. I understand the pattern and I understand that one must look at lace while working on it because it will make sense. Errant shoes in photo are women's size 10 for scale.

Forest Canopy the Two is on the needles in some beautiful Daffodil from Stitchjones. I love the way lace makes my brain work. I will continue to do it even if there are lots of mistakes.

9 comments:

Carol said...

The high you get from completed lace (errors and all) is like no other. Grantid, I have made a pair of socks and ahalf in lace, but still, the kick! Woo hwee!

Nice shawl. Can't wait to see the next one!

Sunshine said...

I love it!!! How great!

Anonymous said...

I like that you like to think. Personally, I like to coast. It is good that there is someone thinking.

Beautiful shawl!

Cindy said...

It's beautiful. It's yours. Mistakes be damned. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

wow that is really beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done!

flutter said...

dude, I see no mistakes, it is gorgeous

YawnOver said...

Wowee wow - this is gorgeous! Alas, I am still too dumb for lace on this level...

Now I am off to Google, "Unfortunately, Jennifer"

Diane said...

Errors or misstitches made to show that only God is perfect? I think probably misstitches is the correct answer. Don't you love that pattern? One of my favorite shawl patterns ever.

Yours looks lovely and I don't see a single flaw at all.

Haley said...

this turned out beautifully! you've become quite the lace knitter. good for you!