Friday, May 08, 2009

Pansy

Today in a pile of sweetness 18 kindergarten students entered my room, presented me with a pansy in a plastic cup with musical stickers on it and announced "Happy Mother's Day." They (and their teachers) know that I don't have any children and declared that I could be the mother of the kindergarten class. Dixie presented the gift and Kate informed me that I was to water it every day. In a pile of continued sweetness I said "I'll be the mother of that flower."

And at the end of the day, I promptly forgot to bring it home with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that is the cutest thing EVAH!

Don't worry, pansies do not need constant mothering. I am sure it will be fine until Monday.

Yarnhog said...

That is so sweet! You've now joined the ranks of mothers everywhere who have to coo over sticky lumps of unidentifiable construction paper and glitter at every holiday as though you'd just been presented with the Hope Diamond. ;)

Lydee said...

pardon my evil cackling, i just find it perversely funny. obviously, something is wrong with me.

Carol said...

ROFLMAO