Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've Got The Bug

Not the H1N1- The Lace bug.

First on deck- Forest Canopy The Two in Stichjones' (mymommadethis on etsy) daffodil- or as I like to call it daffydil. I am understanding the pattern and the errant yo's that are missed are easily caught and fixed. Can you believe it- this is my "easy no brainer knit!" I've only got 400 some yard of this stuff so I'll go until it stops. I may dedicate the walls of the knit/book room to hanging lace if nothing else- it's just so magical.




Next at bat- Icarus. The beginning is so not very hard as long as one pays attention. I will definitely put in a lifeline before the edging commences but that my be a few years from now. This is Helen's Lace made by Lorna's Lace in the color Sherbert. I think it has the hint of "going too near the sun" in color.



Long-time readers may notice that I've stepped out of my color comfort zone. I'm usually an earth tone kind of knitter but that daffydil was so beautiful and it opened the door to much more. Plus both Cookie and Shameka like pink and I like their knitting. Don't you just love influential bloggers. Also in the interest of full disclosure, I've got some Merrell clogs coming my way thanks to kmkat's posting and love of them. I'm such a follower- or maybe I just know who to listen to!

Waynesburg Sheep and Fiber Festival is at the Greene County Fair Grounds this weekend. It's a great place not to be overwhelmed and to acquire beautiful handspun fiber.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

The two colorways scream summer to me. I lurv the yellow! My Icarus is in a pale pansy color, is not even as far along as yours, & I started it last summer. Must go retrieve it from the blackhole (master closet) and get busy again.

Anonymous said...

Love those colors! Thanks for the heads up about Waynesburg this weekend. I am making my plans now to be there...I think the girls will enjoy the sheep shearing

Anonymous said...

If the beginning of Icarus is so darned easy (if you pay attention), then why did it take me A WHOLE DAY and about a hundred tries to get it right? I think I got about an inch knitted that day, haven't picked it up since because it was so discouraging. I guess I should, huh? (pick it up again) Since I am such a better knitter now ;-)

Your yarns are beautiful. I can see why you were inspired.

Carol said...

Sometimes we crave colour. sometimes we want calmness. It isn't htat you have a comfort zone of colour, it's that you crave colour after the long dreary winter. That's my theory. lace is always neat. it is such a rush when it works. and such a piss off when it doesn't that you get an extra big rush when you fix it and make it work. That is the addictive nature of lace.

Sunshine said...

I love the patterns! Sometimes you need color for summer!

Kim said...

I ate 2 cupcakes over the weekend that had icing the same colors as your yarn. Love both shawls! Yellow is the new green.

Sharon said...

oh my Jebus, what beautiful shawls in progress! I love the Forest Canopy pattern too--haven't tried out Icarus yet, although I just bought an armful of green alpaca silk sportweight. Mmm. I'm looking for the perfect lace shawl pattern.

and I'm not the least bit biased that I dyed the yellow...yeah right...^o^