Wednesday, June 18, 2008

another summer blog post- just because I can

Lorna's Lace scarf has 61 stitches instead of 60. Montego Bay stole has 44 instead of 43. I hate it when that happens.

Another summer plan that I failed to mention was that each day I have set myself the goal of doing something that I either really hate to do or that I haven't done either at all or in a long time.

I went to a new yarn store, took Liza on a new trail, had company at my house, bought clothes for myself, drove to South Hills Village before going to knit night, and made tuna noodle casserole. I also ended 2 months worth of procrastinating and got my car inspected. I swear my therapist must have called the car inspection guy to tell him to make it as pleasant as possible. He didn't even check the lights! We talked politics instead. What a trip.

Having managed such greatness with only 6 actual days of vacation, I'm moving on to a bigger risk. Tomorrow night I'm picking up Magalena (a former student going into 8th grade with a crappy-ass life history-none of it her own fault) after a softball game in the 'burg. She'll stay the night here and early Friday morning we're going to catch the Trolley in South Hills Village, take it to the Gateway Center stop, WALK across the Ft. Duquesne Bridge and go see the Titanic Artifact Exhibition at the Carnegie Science Center. She saw the tv ad for the exhibit and said it was something she'd like to see. Go figure. It fit in with the whole "do new stuff" business, so I've committed myself. Just another small step into the land of "grown-up-ville." Hope I remember my camera.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that waited until the last day to get their car inspected. I wish I lived in Waynesburg so I could go to your guy. I wouldn't discuss politics, but I would knit him a hat if he would lick'em and stick'em. Tell Debbie that the Knit Shoppe is having a pre-inventory, 20% sale June 18 thru July 31. No returns on sale items. Hey, you didn't blog about knit nite!! Dee

Romi said...

OMG! I didn't realize you are in Pittsburgh! I have a big gigantic soft spot in my heart for Pgh. I went to school there for a couple of years.

Tammy said...

I'm impressed! My goal is to try absolutely nothing new at all... unless it involves knitting. ;)

Yvonne said...

You go, girl!!
What new yarn shop??
I am jealous of you going to the Titanic exhibit.

Deborah-- said...

The Titanic Exhibit should be great! You'll have fun I am sure. Hooray for you on doing new things. Sounds like the first 6 days of your summer vacation is going well.

Cindy said...

Aren't you clever? Good for you. I suppose there's a story to the tuna noodle casserole, huh?

Anonymous said...

Let me know how that Titanic Exhibit is. I am really wanting to see it. You are a brave woman. I HATE HATE HATE walking across those bridges--gives me the heebeegeebees! And I'm from there-go figure!

oh and I once went 6 months before I realized that my inspection expired! big DOH!!

Have fun!

Mary Beth said...

Love tuna, noodle, & cassarole...just not together. Great summer plans so far. I have not such lofty ideals.

Olga said...

so was the tuna thing a hate catagory???? My only goal is stay out of prison for man slaughter...