Monday, June 30, 2008

addicted you say?

So while at the LYS there was a namaste "pocketbook" thing. No one was admiring it other than myself and yet as I perused the addi turbo laceweights, I kept my eye on it making sure no one picked it up. I also did this as the other customers looked at the needles I wanted (which they had plenty of.) These things were not on sale. There were only 2 other customers there. The odds of them purchasing the last thing of everything I wanted was minimal. And yet... I'm pretty sure this is a sign of some sort of addiction.

I came home with the bag, some needles and one of those groovy cool magnetic things to keep track of charts. How could I possibly buy yarn with at least 6 projects on the needles and as many as 3 in my head. How could I possibly leave the LYS without a purchase? Fortunately one can never have too many accessories (though I ask you, what do you consider an excessive number of additurbo laceweight #7 24" needles?)

8 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I'm not sure the word "excessive" can be applied to knitting. Having "too much" yarn or "too many" needles is like having "too much" oxygen.

Deborah-- said...

Such a good girl and not purchasing any yarn! You can have as many needles for as many projects as you want. I am curious to know though just how many you have! LOL

Mary Beth said...

Honey I spewed my morning coffee. Not pretty.

I so hear you. You are a junkie for sure. You are addicted to the lys yarn fumes & the rush from ANY purchase there. How many #7 needles do you have??? I don't think it's too many if you had projects all at once to use them for. I have 6 pairs of 10.5, 24" bamboo needles. I was into felting everything a few years back.

Mary Beth said...

I just took a peak in my needle case. 24 inches seems to be my favorite size overall.

Mary Beth said...

Yep. I'm seeing just how mnt times I can comment to one post.

How many Namaste bags do you have now???? And me, sitting here with not a one. You are sooooo seriously addicted. Someone call the rehab center. Stat.

Anonymous said...

I think I have like 8 #7 needles, and most of all my needles are 24" length. You're fine.

Kim said...

Tell me about it! I jssut bought 2 new bags last week on etsy! And some yarn too. But I have a MaJOR yarn problem, as you know.

Cindy said...

I also have caved on the Namaste bag. You are not addicted. You are a free woman with free will and no will power. Me, too;-)