Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ah and did I mention...


While I was distracting you with adventures, I cast on for yet another project (see this post if you need a refresher) and wound some 100% silk laceweight which might become Icarus on the Train if I can find my Best of Interweave book.

Yes, I am the knitter who is working on an alpaca sweater in the summer. It was crying from the stash saying, "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? YOU LOVE ME!!" What's a girl to do? I'm going with that I Knit What I Want philosophy.

Mr. Sophanne calls the bone in yesterday's post Liza's dinosaur bone. I'm preferring to ignore what it might actually be. In other summer projects, there is an ongoing quest to photograph decent roadkill for Yarny Old Kim. After missing several opportunities of rare and exotic exhibits, the camera is now essential to each walk. This morning we saw a live fox (as opposed to Thursday's dead one)

I must say that while I haven't been able to get Liza to cooperate in the 10 minutes that Cesar would be able to, there is a new pecking order here in House of Sophanne and it's been much more pleasant. That guy is brilliant.

10 comments:

Lydee said...

hooray for you and liza jane. the sweater looks like it's off to a good start.

Cindy said...

Beautiful green. As for Liza Jane and you? Isn't it lovely to have a pretty darned well behaved pup?

Yarnhog said...

Dinosaur bone, huh? I gave a huge pig knee bone to Sophie a few months ago. She hid it somewhere in the house, and we can't find it. At least, we can't find it yet. I imagine a few more hot days will lead us to a rousing game of "Find that Stink."

Anonymous said...

Cesar is awesome. He makes it look too easy though. His techniques helped us out a lot, but they didn't get rid of every problem. I'm glad it's helping!

Mary Beth said...

I too knit by the I Knit What I Want philosophy. Who cares if it's 100 out. Just crank up the a/c to frigid & knit happily.

I am thinking there is a human in your backyard & Liza has found it.

Why in the heck does Kim want roadkill photos???? Never mind. I really don't want to know.

Mary Beth said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I too am going to knit Icarus. Do a KAL with me. I finally found yarn...Dream in Color Baby in Pansy. I even bought beads. I missed making it w/ Nora. Deborah bought some Dream in Color for it too. It's a lovely bubblegum/purple color.

Deborah-- said...

Ooo very pretty lace yarn. That will be a very pretty Icarus. As my sister said in her comment, we are going to knit it together. Join us. Nothing wrong with knitting the sweater in the summer. If you have a/c you can knit anything you want whenever you want! Why on earth are you photographing road kill for Kim?

Kim said...

Heck yeah! You knit what you want. If a pattern or yarn is crying out your name, you must respond. Thanks for carrying your camera with you everywhere. My R in the ABC Along is going to be a wonderful story of roadkill and friends.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, that green is amazing! And since PA. is road kill central, you shouldn't have any trouble:)

Anonymous said...

we are knitting saturday night at the panera in Irwin at 5:00 if you are interested in coming!!