Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's better than a trip to the LYS?

When someone else goes to the LYS, buys the yarn, makes you a present and buys more yarn and a great pattern and sends it all to you!



Even better still when it's a Crack Me Up kind of present Suzanne (a.k.a Yarnhog) was around very soon after I first started knit-blogging. One of the first projects documented early on was the Messenger Bag in Knitting for Peace. After many fruitless and failed attempts, including references to being "dumber than a box of hair," I finished a messenger bag- it didn't turn out "like the picture" (does it ever?) and I called it a day. Yarnhog followed the trials and tribulations and in the end I sent her a copy of Knitting for Peace. It seemed the least I could do.

Today when I got home a "real" Knitting for Peace Messenger bag (meaning it DOES look like the one in the picture)was in a box on my porch for me along with the pattern to Fibertrends felted clogs and enough matching yarn (Lana Grossa!)to continue my felting saga. And it's green. And it's got some fuchsia. And the patch is on it (which I had no clue how to make happen).

Yarnhog, you are the best! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

This is the first time I've been the recipient of a knitted gift and man, did it feel great. I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude. As I say to my kids at school, "it made my heart feel so good."

11 comments:

Lydee said...

That is awesome! :-)

cpurl17 said...

Now that is a rockin' gift!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Suzanne is such a love! Enjoy your messenger bag...

Deborah-- said...

Oh that is so awesome! What a fantastic mail day for you. Yarnhog has a wonderful heart to have made that for you! I know you will use it with pride.

flutter said...

Oh this just rocks!

Sharon said...

That is just lovely! Knitters are the coolest people around, which is why I hang out with em every chance I get. :)

Stephanie said...

OMG! That is so awesome!!

Debbie D said...

What a lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

WOW, you are so loved!!

FairyGodKnitter said...

Of course you are loved. Thanks for sending Suzanne in my direction.

...Sarah said...

Very cool gift.