Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What is the cure for low-grade anxiety?

Knit night of course.

For those of you not familiar with LGA (low-grade anxiety), it’s a condition that I’ve made up. Symptoms include-

Worrying about whether you should be doing something inside when you’re outside playing with the dog.

Worrying about whether you should be outside playing with the dog when you’re inside doing something

Reasons why knit night is the cure:

A chauffeur there and back. No driving except for one exit on 79N.
I know when to get there and when to leave.
I know what to do when I’m there.
I know that Mr. Sophanne is happy where he is and can relax.

Last night brought 3 new kn-er’s. Yippee. Some of the old standards haven’t been back since the mother goose and queen of Debbie episode.

Claire suggested a KAL a few weeks ago and I bought the Great American Afghan book and convinced at least Chris and Claire to play. I think it was when I said “I’m going to KAL this afghan whether anyone joins me or not,” that Chris felt sorry for me and bought the book.

I’ve also got some relationship news. Purple and I might be hooking up. It’s a little early to tell and, of course, quite overwhelming, but purple’s been making eyes at me for the past few weeks and we exchanged some ideas about the afghan last night. Blue stepped in suggesting a wider spectrum. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Chartreuse and orange seriously thought they’d make a nice splash but I think that might be a little risqué.

On the medical front, Gina told us that “brain attack” is the new word for “stroke” in the world of medicine. Strokes aren’t one bit funny but calling it a “brain attack” cracks me up just a little.

Pictures of purple patterns when the sun peers through and I have the persistence to potograph- I mean photograph.
.

13 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I think the purple thing is going around. I just bought a whole pile of it to do the Silver Belle cardigan from Vogue, only to discover another sweater's worth of purple in the stash. After orange, though, a purple attack seems almost tame.

Kim said...

Purple and blue! It's like the afghan I saw at the laundromat. Block of blue & purple in different patterns. Maybe add the chartreuse or the orange as an accent color? I love all those colors. Brain attack. It sounds so science fiction-y. Like something out of a zombie movie.

Stephanie said...

Purple is the new black. Or is it pink? Or...or....I don't know. I have purple hair so I might be a little on the purple bias side.

Oh...I totally have low grade anxiety disorder. Totally.

Brain attack? WTF? Because calling it a Stroke was not politically correct or something?

Anonymous said...

Purple and blue with some green! I hadn't heard brain attack...I heard brain accident, though. Weird.

flutter said...

how about high grade anxiety?

Anonymous said...

Hey I am one of the new knitters!
I enjoyed my visit.. hope to return next week... I wanna hear the queen debbie thing!
bonnie

sophanne said...

hey new knitter- read back blog posts for the details- I won't be able to chat about them on knit night (for a few obvious reasons)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yeah, 'brain attack' is pretty hilarious!!

Olga said...

Your right! Thats exactly what I felt! But I already made up my mind I'm going to more movies to study up on this feeling...

Mountain Mama said...

The comment by Anonymous answers a question I've had for a while now- do the knit knighters know about your secret life as a blogger?

Anonymous said...

We are all purple all the time over here. Whether I like it or not. Clarabel insists that we paint the door to her room purple.

I too suffer from the low grade anxiety. Should we start a KAl support group?

Anonymous said...

FYI on the "brain attack" I posted symptoms on my blog. Please read and pass it on.

Mary Beth said...

Becky, Becky. I just love you. I am so laughing about you doing a KAL w/out another Knit-alonger. Whoda thunk it? To even say it?

You must really be a secretly racy kind of gal. Purple & Orange. Whooo so hot!

I am more of a high grade anxiety girl. I think I am currently having a heart episode. (WT? with the brain attack terminology. Too odd.)