Wednesday, March 12, 2008

11-14-9-20 14-9-7-8-20

(secret elementary school code that spells “knit night.”)

Knit night was all about numbers last night.

Chris bought 66 skeins of yarn. While we are the same in that we both love and buy yarn, we are opposite in many ways- of which I believe we both embrace and appreciate about each other. Noted differences:

She had a shopping list of the exact yardage she would need for 3 different projects already planned in her head. I bought 3 skeins to start with.

She checked the Great American Afghan web-site to play with color combinations. I thought purple was talking to me.

Her final color choice- muted tans, browns, and blues.- likely to match furniture and other items in her home. Having no fine furniture to match, I can pick any color I want.

Dee was back and had a story about her lab who ate a size 13 men’s hand knitted sock that took 3 days to “pass through” and when it did, the lab promptly attempted to eat it again. I was thinking (hope you’re not eating lunch) that maybe a little string came out and she had to frog it.

I have nine rows of thumb left on the 2nd bird in hand mitten.

I have one size 2 needle that likes hanging out at the Knit Shoppe. Left it there last week-it tried to stay again this week.

Given my numbers, do you think I have enough delegates to win?

11 comments:

Carol said...

the numbers hurt my brain,....

Yarnhog said...

I think the numbers work out, as long as you don't get caught in a money laundering/corruption/prostitution scandal.

Haley said...

as always, you crack me up. thanks!

sunshine said...

not enough numbers yet..... you will have to wait to see what Florida is going to do!!!

flutter said...

I think you are suffering from a hanging chad. You might wanna get that checked

FairyGodKnitter said...

Would you please be my State Governor? One who knits and maybe hooks instead of playing with hookers would be a welcome relief.

Mountain Mama said...

glad you're havin' fun at knit nite! :)

Yvonne said...

hooray for knit night! I am looking forward to next wed., which is hurricane knitting...so much fun, so little time.

Debbie D said...

How funny. Glad I was on my 2nd cu of coffee this morning with all those numbers!

Mary Beth said...

I am not quite awake enough to compute (coffee's still brewing), but it all sounds good. I will believe the propaganda out there & give you my vote.

Too funny about the opposites attract thing. That's usually the way of it with friends. That way when we are together we balance each other out. Chris could be a little more go with the flow & you could plan/think it through a bit more. If not it's all funny blog material.

Lydee said...

Frog a little string! LOL! I would think that's funny!