Saturday, March 15, 2008

the prizewinner and the bookfair

Random Integer Generator says 28 is my random number for the contest. Angela won a prize! woohoo! Thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who checks in and says "hey."

Today's adventure was a book event for our school in conjunction with Barnes and Noble. Mostly the librarian worked her a$$ off to have great goings on at Barnes and Noble, brought in a big crowd, and then the school gets a percentage of profit from the day's sales (if they mention the fair when they check out.)

I love our librarian. She loves books. She loves kids. I had to include this adorable picture of her reading The Greedy Python on the 100 acre wood stage.



I read/sang the book Summertime which is actually an illustrated version of Gershwin's classic. It's a beautiful book. Note the spring colored Flair Swing Coat. It's a little sloppy but it matched the hat and the mood.



No, no, I didn't buy any books huhuhn- have you seen my book stash? No way I could fit any more books in this house- except maybe a couple of the "necessities" as recommended in the book stash post. I have officially acquired enough knitting patterns for this life and the next.

14 comments:

Lydee said...

That is sweet; you deserve extra kudos for reading at the B&N Book fair. Love the pic!

And love the pic of your librarian. That's awesome that she loves to read to the kids. I have wondered if I should have been a librarian?...

Naw, I love what I do, and I can read books to the kids anytime.

janna said...

You can never have too many books....

flutter said...

I should take a picture of my knitting book collection. It is ginormous.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I can't figure out if you bought books or not! I'm dense, I suppose;)

Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

My son's school has a similar event at B&N too. You can never have too many books. The Holiday book is eye candy!

Carol said...

Nice jump on spring you got going on there.

Mountain Mama said...

What a nice event. What a nice librarian. What a NICE music teacher!

cpurl17 said...

You look like you're in your own Classic Pooh adventure with that background!

That is a fabulous photograph of the Librarian--I love how you caught the delight on the face of the child.

Yarnhog said...

Oooo! How fun! I love books--especially children's books (my first degree is in literature). We have many, many books. My older son devours them at an alarming rate, so there are more pouring in all the time.

Mary Beth said...

What? Haven't you heard that you can't take it with you?

Laurie said...

What do you mean, you have too many books? There's no such thing. I've never heard of that before.

Good for you, participating in the bookstore/library event! Too bad no one video taped you for a YouTube debut!

Yvonne said...

That's a cool for your school event! Our school does nothing cool. Bleh. I have to do the book post. That should be something for this week, actually.

Anonymous said...

Gershwin's Summertime always makes me the time #1 son (now 23) was sick with a cold when he was about 2. On the night it was the worst he couldn't fall asleep. I spent hours rocking him and singing that song. It was the only one I could remember. I changed the words to "Your momma's rich and your daddy's good lookin'" to make it more accurate. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Would dearly love to hear you read/sing Summertime. If you have too many knitting books, might I suggest you give one away as a prize in your next contest?