Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day Three Spring Break

What was I thinking? Running around in the windy cold or staying home watching movies and knitting. I can be so misguided sometimes. This time I came to my senses and the Pittsburgh adventure will wait for warmer weather and the Three Rivers Arts Festival.

I found a new project last night at knit night (much to the relief of everyone there who no doubt grew weary of me complaining about how boring the socks were.) I've now cast on for Regal Frost Cushions (ravelry link) from Handknit Holidays.

The bonus is that I'm using a book from my stash and I found a reason to use Elsebeth Lavold's silky tweed (another ravelry link.) It's a deep royal maroon for the background and a dark gold for the stranded pattern. Pictures once I charge the batteries on the camera.

The pattern has it knit in two pieces which means stranded purling and sewing the pieces together. Not my favorite thing to do. i'm doing the front and back at the same time and instead of a plain back I'm going to do the pattern on the back as well. Don't even ask me how long it took me to figure out that solution. Suffice it to say that I didn't cast on for it until this morning as my brain finally figured out what to do.

A relaxing knit night was had by all- the words "impacted bowels" came up twice on separate occasions (the second mention hadn't even known about the first) and therefor it seems something to report. I have a feeling that there was some entertainment value in my manic search for a project. I have to believe it was enjoyed particularly by Chris who is a much more plan ahead-er type than I am. If there's such a thing as opposite friends, we're it.

7 comments:

Lydee said...

Oooo, knitting and watching movies, that does sound wonderful. I would have opted for that one as well :-)

Anonymous said...

Knitting, movies, feet up, snacks at the ready, sounds pretty close to heaven.

Kim said...

I get ore envious of your spring break with each passing day. Thems some nice pillows. Red & gold will be loverly. Enjoy your leisure while I slave away in my cubicle. Impacted bowels. It's got a nice ring to it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice day!

5elementknitr said...

Received your yarn donation today! Thanks so much - it's lovely! And it gets you 2 entries into the contest.

Splee!

Carol said...

Impacted bowels???? what kin dof a knit night were y'all having?????!!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss all the fun!
Bonnie
trying so hard to find the time to come to knit nite