Saturday, March 22, 2008

CMUS for those embracing irony

Ironic is all I can say about it being the first week of spring and I've finished the cashmere bird in hand mitts and a Christmas stocking (from a kit-Annie's Woolens-Holtsclaw-this has your name on it-not literally).



Both need blocking and clearly there are some ends to weave in on the mitts.

If you're thinking about this kit. Maybe not so much. The pattern is lovely- weird short-row after thought heel/toe construction that was new to me but I figured out. The wool in this kit felt like twine. Get a nice pattern, pick your own fiber. That's my plan next time.

If you're thinking about stranded knitting- this brain loved loved loved it. I have a little celebration in my head when the pattern comes out even on the needles every row. (there were 110 little celebrations on the stocking)

Sort of in the project lull. Kind of a nice place to be. I'm going to try to knit only socks until I get to the MDSW in May.

If you're looking for a way to add some sunshine to the world, visit Ruth and then send her some yarn for a fundraiser. Then click on over to Janet's and leave your favorite way to make/eat mac and cheese and make us laugh at all of the possibilities. Maybe I'll try some of those recipes already listed as something to keep me entertained during spring break!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work! I love those mitts.
I am heading over to add my mac and cheese recipe.

Anonymous said...

The mittens are cute! And the sock. The twine feeling is why I like to pick out my own yarn.

And now I'm off to peruse Mac&Cheese recipes. That sounds So. Good.

If you're bored during Spring Break, feel free to come to my office and file. I'm letting it amass until it gets old enough to do it itself.

Mountain Mama said...

Nice! Congrats on 2 (3?) FOs!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh I love that little 'end of the row and nothing is messed up' celebration!

Mary Beth said...

You're a finishing fool. Nice work! The mitts are awesome. I to love the end of row celebration. It's way annoying when those little stitches go missing.

Lydee said...

Lovely; I love the mitten pattern. The first day of spring means nothing, obviously. The current weather/snow is begging you to wear those mitts.

Can't wait to see what you do this week. My big plans are flinging stuff, mine and the girls....Oh and tackle that pile of clothes that need folded.

Yarnhog said...

That is some impressive color work! I'm pretty sure you can't call yourself a "novice" anymore, though. I love those mittens--and I'll bet they are just butter soft and wonderfully warm. Mmmmm...cashmere! Beautiful work.

Yvonne said...

I'm so impressed at your bird in hand mittens!! I cannot do colorwork. Huh-huh.

Kim said...

Blogger ate my first comment. And it was a good one! Suffice it to say, I lurve your mitts. I gotta try some colorwork! Soon I'll begin the day by day countdown to MDSW!

craftivore said...

The mittens are absolutely killer, luv em. Nordic Fiber Arts has some really nice stranded xmas stockings kits if you decide on trying someone else.

Sharon said...

Beautiful knitting! And a belated Happy Anny to you and Mr. Sophanne.