Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spin City Part 2-Portland

Portland, Oregon is a beautiful city with a very clear map to the LYS knit/purl. Finding it so quickly gave me at least 10 minutes of guilt-free browsing before returning to the gang waiting for me in record breaking heat. Someday I hope to shop there.

The temperature in Portland is directly proportional to the whine factor. Thankfully we arrived at the waterfall in the Pearl District just as things were beginning to hit critical mass. This was enabled by the free ride on the street car. Portland Rocks.

When traveling by rail to Portland Oregon, you may get to see a bald eagle carrying a fish in his talons. You may also see a nekkid guy hanging out by the tracks. If you look in, you may see someone knitting socks. (Another clue that it's summer are the nails on said knitter. That would never be the case during the school year.)

This seems like a good time to announce the winner of the worst public transportation story contest. Many thanks to everyone who entered. Good husband Bob struggled with a decision but the winner is A.D.D. Knitter and her dripping pot of honey. The judge asked that I let you know that the deciding factors were the multiple layers of stress, discomfort and deception involved in that experience-foreign country, outraged strangers speaking in another language, no present for the in-laws. Congratulations A.D.D.~see it was all worth it in the end. email me@bltsATalltelDOTnet and let me know where to send it.

I would tell you the colorway of the Koigu she's receiving but I really didn't have enough time at knit/purl to have it register and they wrapped it so nicely. Some kind of muted-pastel but not too much earth tones.

There's no place like home. Stay Tuned.

6 comments:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I thought mine was pretty darn bad but now that I've read ADD's, it's awesome. It's the sheer chaos that really makes it.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

yeah that story was pretty great.

Olga said...

Yeah, congrats there Miss Honey Buns!!!!;o)

Lydee said...

Oh yeah, I caught the nail thing. So true, so true, so true.
LOVE the pic of the waterfall! It refreshes, even just looking at it.

Anonymous said...

That waterfall looks like great fun. I could use one in my backyard.
Train travel is very civilized, well with the exception of the nekked guy. Bummer about that.