Saturday, July 28, 2007

Life of Luxury-while it lasts

In just a week I will slowly begin the trek back into the world of the working. It starts with a few meetings here and there, then they reach a fevered pitch with daily discussions about copy machine expenditures, the best new way to teach kids, new ways to document that we're using those best new ways, etc., etc.

The reality that knitting may save my sanity in those weeks is settling in. The subconscious that purchased a big old pile of luxury yarns and needles at the beginning of the summer is revealing itself in mysterious ways. Naturally there was the immediate rush of stash enhancement at the time.

What I wasn't expecting was the relief that comes with knowing I've got some koigu mmmm socks on Crystal Palace needles in a Sensational socks pattern that's easily memorized and some malabrigo on my new knitpick options begging to be a moeibus in a k1 yo k2tog pattern. Simple patterns, lush fiber, bring on the meetings my friends-I can outlast all of them.



The spindle has arrived and I'm equipped with several options for instructions. Now I must get in a learning mood.

An observation- my color of choice lately is slowly shifting from the green family closer to the yellow one. (the not pictured koigu is a g/y mix as well) All of these yarns were purchased separately. What's with the yellow? Only my subconscious knows.

No C(mu)S today. It was time to take a break.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Knitting makes all sitting-mandatory events better.

Lydee said...

Oh, please don't talk about work. I've been trying not to think about it. the principal at my school (who will remain unnamed) emailed me while I was up at eastman asking if I had any ideas for constitution day Sept 17th. Luckily I was at lunch when I read this, and asked MH and J, and Gina. Got some ideas for accompaning the reading of the bill of rights and preamble. Perhaps that will save me from anything cheesy. I'm hoping...

Anonymous said...

I love that yellow color. It's almost like mustard but with a wee bit o' green in there. Yellow is a really underrated color, especially the murky bright yellows. All hail yellow!