Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday recap and the week ahead

Chickens and birds in general were the topic of conversation at lunch today.  All I can say is that the neighborhood rooster is my muse. I'm going to the big city and pushing the aunt around the mall on Tuesday.  It should be entertaining.

We took a selfie before we went- I was trying to get greathusbanbobs Grandfather/Godfather shirt in the picture but feel really lucky to have gotten this one.




We're a cute couple- and my first attempt looked like this- so I'm no millennial.


This weekend's school work included a Spotify search of classical music pieces I want kids to hear.  The bonus find was Albinoni's Adagio in gm.  But Albinoni didn't write it. He's gotten credit for the past 400 years.  His friend wrote it for him when he died.  It's really the most lovely and sad sound I've heard in a while.

In the category of summer reading- I've been reading "Illuminations" a novel about the medieval polymath Hildegard de Bingen.  Learned about anchorites- they used to wall virgins into small rooms next to the church and they served as the anchor of the church.  Hildegarde remained trapped as the lady in waiting to the anchorite from the age of 8 until 38.  

Just so that I don't sound too pretentious I also downloaded Stephen King's sequel to The Shining about the story of Danny Torrence when he grew up. I love a good summer read.

Dinner's adventure- shrimp tacos.  Cut up shrimp, Uncle Ben's already cooked wild rice in taco seasoning.  Artisan lettuce (whatever that really is- still green- not round), stem tomatoes, shredded fresh mozzarella in a taco shell.  Millennial shrimp tacos- I know some millennials.

The meet with the trainer went well- no aching bones- today was the first day I've taken off-.  I've always been a teacher pleaser.  As soon as I think about not doing it I remember that I told the trainer it was going to be my summer job and I have to go. The worst part was the 30 second intervals on the treadmill- fast walk for 30 sec/run for 30 sec.  10 repeats.  I did not love it. But it felt good.

I'm going to take another break from school preparation tomorrow and go to the local university library and immerse myself in the stacks.  I'm hoping for this place. Quiet library stacks full of stuff I don't know- it doesn't get any better.


Except maybe this- a friend from college- and former band camp instructor colleague is a make-up artist and does facepainting at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. I share every picture she posts on facebook.  I'm kind of a groupie.  I told her I'd join her next year and busk for her. She was receptive to the idea.



Or this- also from the Three Rivers Arts Festival- Drknitnightjustine's dog Eddie at The Point. He also plays the ukulele.  I want all the dogs.  If birds were dogs, I'd be surrounded.








No comments: