Wednesday, June 05, 2019

art goals

Art is always on the summer list.  It's always easier to list it than to do it.  One of the tricks this year is to dedicate myself to looking at one of the art books or online art courses that I have and while not committing to making art, at least commit to reading about making art.  As one would expect, reading about making art tends to turn into making art.

I've also given myself permission to make art across days rather than finish something every day.

Today's book of choice was this one-


About 15 pages into it I saw this-


It's called Rangoli ground art. So I googled it and loved it and experimented with it.  It's from Northern India and uses chalk dust, rice dust, often dyed.  I have no interest in the medium itself but the designs and patterns are ones that I love.  After several explorations, the first art of the summer begins like this-



It has absolutely taken my doodle brain to a place it had not been before, so mission accomplished.

In Other News- Lillizajane had a trip to the vet this morning.  She has fatty lumps under her skin.  I just wanted to make sure they weren't more than that.  She had to be sedated- the vet tech called it "twilight."  

I have her the pills 2 hours before.  At appointment time she had trouble standing on 4 legs.  I took her to the grass to  pee before we left and she collapsed to the ground in pee position.  Then laid down all the way.  I picked her up and she peed on me.  All the way home she kept saying I love you, man. As drunks do.

And yet, when Dr. Amy aspirated the lumps, Liza was still able to show her displeasure with an attempt at snapping. She also prescribed some xanax for thunderstorms. I hope it helps.

She got her full exam and a complimentary nail trim and I'm calling it mission accomplished.

At The Gym-

I have a dr appointment in the afternoon (the usual mat pilates time) so I forced myself to go to "drumming" for group exercise today.  I did not love it but it was an o.k. workout.  Big giant gray ball, drumsticks, squats, crunches and twists while drumming.  And there were 5 million people there. (which by 5 million I mean any number greater than 15.)  I like the instructor- she does the barre class as well but drumming is only if I can't make something else in a given day.

Tomorrow is the first meeting with the trainer.  This is the first and last time I'm going to think about it until it happens.  It makes me anxious.




1 comment:

sunshine said...

"All the way home she kept saying I love you, man. As drunks do." I love this!!!!
It made me laugh!