Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Steam

I'm not losing steam but I've stepped back from full steam ahead.

First and foremost - Get Well Fast Lisa Simpson Closet Blog Reader.

Onto business-

Monday at the gym was a little bit brutal in retrospect.  There was more complaining than usual.  I think my body was tired.  I took yesterday completely off.  No strength-no cardio.  Hopefully I will do better today.  I understand that muscle weighs more than fat so it makes sense that the scale isn't my friend lately but it is still discouraging to be working so hard and have the numbers go up instead of down.

We get plus signs every time we go to the gym.  Each of my +'s is an hour.  Each of the +'s on the right is a visit for greathusbandbob.


It's hard to see- just know there are more +'s than not and greathusbandbob (unable to go more than once a day) has one for every day.

Yesterday I went to school to do read-aloud for the summer program.  The talented and clever 5th graders gifted me this-


I'm calling her Lucia.

I finished the baby blanket for most wonderful niece Charlotte last night.  It's for the baby in her belly- I'm going to make a stuffed toy for the big sister from the same cotton- it will either be an armadillo or a chicken.










I spent another 4 hours prepping for courses for next year. You go and go and then it just starts to feel overwhelming-  Who can hold a semester's worth of activities in their head before seeing it all unfold.  And yet I don't want to find myself struggling with what to do in September so I push forward.

Many hours of work- three solid weeks for each class- I'm hoping that 90 minutes is not as long as I think it is and that I have overplayed and actually have more like 6 weeks per class.  I'm going to keep working on things until we leave for vacation (Emerald Isle again) and give myself permission to take a break from it all once we return.  For now it's making for a good morning routine.



I cracked the screen on my iPad mini.  And while I know that I will be having the screen repaired eventually, reading was frustrating so I accidentally went to the online apple store.  While I thought I had ordered another iPad mini- what I had actually ordered was a regular iPad (6th generation) which meant that it was apple pen compatible.  I was going to ignore that potential at first but another late night shopping "trip" changed my mind.  My new favorite thing is the apple pen.

I love to physically write- I make better sense of organizing thoughts when they are scribed rather than typed. I will be wasting much less paper and am pleased with the purchase. It has a nice weight, quick screen response, charges quickly and holds a charge for a nice length of time. Also I will be less likely to lose all of the little notebooks that I use to keep track of things in my head with.


It is the heart of summer break-  I can feel it fleeting as I type.  Nothing else to do but stay calm and keep working.







No comments: