Thursday, June 13, 2019

It's a trip.

A trip to Big Lots while waiting for the nail salon to open- purchased- a hard-boiled egg maker, birch beer, some bags of jelly belly jellybeans that were factory rejects (because of shape) and dried turkish figs.  The figs aren't as good as the fresh kind- a few years ago there were some fresh ones at the farmers market in North Carolina so I will have to remember to look.

A trip to the nail salon to get bright magenta switched to shorter less visually charged nails.  The dipped nails are by far the healthiest most successful option I've had in nail care.  Today I had to ask them to make my nails shorter so I could play the ukulele. The stylist, wanting to earn a little more and knowing my fingers would look like stubby sausages if I didn't, suggested the ombre look.  Then she suggested sparkles.  She was so happy with the sparkles, I had to say yes.


A trip to the Mart of Wal, which, yes I hate but now I know where everything is-  In addition to a large supply of high protein snacks (I have to quit eating bagels and donuts) I came up with some meal ideas-  I'm going to try to make some tacos using shrimp and rice and taco seasoning.  There is a white sauce for broccoli and pasta made of cream cheese, I got the walmart version of rye bread to make marguerite grilled cheese sandwiches and I bought some items to make a not boring salad. (including cashews,  canned beets and an apple) The start of the marguerite grilled cheese-


Last week I acquired some cream cheese for the pasta and realized how delicious it would taste on greathusbandbobs everything bagels.  This week I prepared for temptation and bought some celery to balance out the sin of cream cheese.  Let it be known that the dog does not care for celery. She will, however lick off the cream cheese.


A trip to the big city to pick up new lenses in old frames. Driving in the big city- even without the student traffic- is never much fun.  We go there on Sundays- traffic isn't bad then- I went there Wednesday this week and am scheduled to go again on Friday.  When I arrived at the optical center, the technician smiled and said "they told you only one pair came in, right?"  Wrong.

In further complaints about the optical center- When I checked in yesterday (just in case I missed the call while with aunt and cousin) I had to fill out a slip of paper with my name and why I was there.  The kid at the desk handed it to a technician at the door to the lab who handed it to another technician  just coming to the door of the lab.  These people were not more than 10 feet apart.  It would have been just as effective for someone to peek into the lab, say my name and answer yes or no.

Today, having completed the requisite technician request form I waited patiently and saw no less than 6 technicians on the floor (in an area that might be 12'x15'- three of them were trying to solve a computer problem,  (actually one was- the other two were watching) and two were with customers.  One stood at the door of the lab in case any technical request forms had to be passed along.  It was the most ridiculous set up I have ever observed.

A trip to zumba is on the schedule for later this evening.  And while I wish I would just shut up and play the ukulele, I foresee a trip to nap time in the near future.




No comments: